Charitable Gift Annuity — Flexible — Detailed Gift Description
A Flexible Gift Annuity is a form of Deferred Gift Annuity. However, instead of setting a fixed date in the future for the start of payments, as you would with a Deferred Gift Annuity, you select a range of years or a “window” within which you can elect to start the payments.
Flexible Gift Annuities are created the same way immediate and deferred Charitable Gift Annuities are, and they carry substantially the same tax and other benefits, but they allow you to preserve the flexibility to calibrate the annuity start date as retirement, health, education and family needs become clearer over time. The longer the payment start date is delayed, the higher your annuity rate will be. Your income tax charitable deduction will be determined based on the earliest date you can elect to begin receiving payments.
Is this gift right for you?
A Flexible Gift Annuity may work for you if…
- You want to make a significant gift to National Gift Annuity Foundation (NGAF) and receive payments in return.
- You are in high earnings years, looking for both income tax savings now and an additional source of revenue when you retire.
- You are not sure when you are going to need your annuity payments.
- You want to maximize the payments you receive from your gift — and you want to lower your income tax on those payments.
- You want the security of payment amounts that won’t fluctuate.